Mobile Banking Support Topics
We all need a little help getting started or understanding how to better use our mobile apps. Use these topic links to find mobile banking support tips of interest to you.
- Enroll in Online Banking first.
- Download the Bank Midwest Mobile Banking App from the App Store or Google Play store.
- Login with your Online Banking User ID and Password.
Quickly access your account information by enabling one of these options in the mobile app under the Settings menu.
You can enable Touch ID or Auto Login — not both.
1. Touch ID or Auto Login
Touch ID, a fingerprint identity sensor, can easily unlock your iPhone or iPad to allow quick access to your accounts in “View Only” mode. [Learn more about setting up Touch ID on your Apple device.]
Auto Login automatically opens Mobile Banking in “View Only” mode. It’s highly recommended that the mobile device be password protected when turning on this setting.
NOTE: Both Touch ID and Auto Login settings will require a full or PIN login to move money, view statements, change debit card status or update settings.
2. PIN Login
Set up a 4-digit PIN Login which will allow you to fully log in and use all the functionality of Mobile Banking like moving money, viewing statements, etc.
These shortcut options can be enabled in the Settings menu after logging in to the Mobile Banking app. Be sure to Save your changes.
Deposit checks through your mobile device and save a trip to the bank. If you’ve already downloaded the Bank Midwest Mobile app, you’re all set to make deposits. Simply look for Make a Deposit menu link.
It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Create your deposit.
- Snap photos of the front and back of an endorsed check. We highly recommend restricting your deposit by including For Mobile Deposit Only to Bank Midwest with your signature.
- Submit the information. Then, review the details and Confirm. That’s it!
Mobile Deposit Tips
- For a better image, place the check on a dark background.
- Endorse your check with this restriction: For Mobile Deposit Only to Bank Midwest.
- Hold the check until you verify that it’s successfully deposited in your accounts transaction history. Then, destroy and dispose of the check.
When will my deposit appear in my account?
Deposits submitted through the mobile app are processed twice a day each business day (excluding Federal holidays).
- 10 a.m. — Deposits captured in the morning file post to accounts by Noon
- 5 p.m. — Deposits gathered in the afternoon file post at the end of day processing that same evening.
Can I be notified when my deposit is processed?
Yes, set up an email alert in the mobile app by selecting Alerts in the side menu.
- Click Security Alerts.
- Scroll to the alert: Alert me when a mobile deposit of $0.00 or more has been completed. Enter a dollar amount. If you enter $1.00 it will notify you of all your successful deposits via email.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.
Set up Security Alerts specific to actions performed within our Mobile App. Note: Online Banking offers a separate set of alerts.
- After logging in to the Mobile App, choose Alerts from the menu.
- Tap the Email icon and enter the email address and tap to Save.
- Select Security Alerts in the Configure Alerts section to see the list of available alerts.
- Tap on the alert you’d like to receive and then touch the Email Alerts icon so it changes from gray to black. Do the same for each type of alert you’d like enabled. Then, tap the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen.
- Alert me when my email alert preferences have changed (defaulted On)
- Alert me if my username or password changes
- Alert me when my PIN has been enabled (or disabled)
- Alert me when my personal settings have been updated
- Alert me when $0.00 or more has been transferred between my accounts*
- Alert me when a mobile deposit of $0.00 or more has been completed*
*Enter a minimum of $1.00 to activate the alert.
Transfer money between accounts at Bank Midwest and other financial institutions or a person regardless of where they bank.
1. Transfer Money (Bank Midwest accounts)
Move money from one Bank Midwest account to another held at Bank Midwest. Pick the accounts you want to move money between, the amount and the date to transfer the funds.
Set up one-time transfers, schedule transfers on a specific date or arrange recurring transfers (weekly, monthly etc.).
2. External Transfer (external accounts)
Move money between accounts at Bank Midwest and other financial institutions. Once you link an external account to your Bank Midwest account, you can transfer money back and forth between them.
Find External Transfers in the mobile app menu.
Add an External Account
- Touch the Accounts button. Accounts set up for external transfer will appear in the bottom half of the screen. Accounts be added in either the mobile app or Online Banking.
- Click the +Add link. Enter the financial institution’s routing number, account number and account type.
- The account status will appear “In Process”.
- Log in the external account in the next 1-3 days. You’ll see micro deposits of a few cents. Note the amount of each deposit.
- Log in to Bank Midwest Mobile Banking App > External Transfers > Accounts.
- Touch the Account listed “In Process”
- Enter the amount of the micro deposits to verify your ownership of the external account.
- Touch the Account Transfer arrow at the top of the screen.
- Select your accounts, amount and timing of the transfer. Make one-time, scheduled transfer or recurring transfers.
Standard delivery typically takes 3-5 days. Express delivery is free and only takes 2-3 days; however, some limitations apply.
3. Pay a Person
Send money to (or request money from) a person regardless of where they have an account. To pay a person, all you need is a name and their email or mobile number.
- Select Pay a Person from the Mobile Banking menu. Then, Send Money (or Request Money).
- Select the account, amount and enter the individual’s name and email or mobile phone.
The individual will receive either an email or text notification alerting them that you wish to send them money. The message will contain a link to a secure website that requests their account information. They can enter account information for any U.S. financial institution into which they want the funds transferred.
Once they’re in your “friends” list, it’ll be even faster for future transfers. Touch the Friends tab and the Send/Receive Again icon next to their name.
Funds are typically transferred within 3-5 days.
In the event you believe you have lost your debit card or fear that it’s being used fraudulently, you can immediately disable your card using the Mobile Banking App. Turn your card off and back on whenever you need to in 3 simple steps.
When you’re ready to turn your card back on, follow these same steps work to Enable your card.