Help Center: Cards
Debit Card Fraud Alerts
Real-Time Fraud Monitoring
Your Bank Midwest MasterCard debit card is a lifeline to your money. That’s why debit cardholders are automatically enrolled to receive real-time fraud alerts sent by email, text or phone!
Here’s How It Works
We monitor current fraud trends and typical card activity and when various factors indicate a transaction may be fraudulent, we’ll notify you to verify whether a questionable transaction is authorized or not.
In certain situations, we may block your debit card until we receive confirmation from you that the requested transaction was authorized.
- When we detect potential fraud, you’ll receive an automatic email notification from our Fraud Center, with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud.”
- One minute after the email, we’ll send you a free text alert, which also has the “fraud” or “no fraud” option.
- If there is no response received within 5 minutes or so, you’ll then receive automated phone calls to the numbers we have on record (mobile, home or business) to confirm or deny fraud.If you confirm fraud for any type of alert, your debit card will be blocked and will be contacted by a Fraud Center analyst.
Your Contact Information
Be sure to keep us informed when your contact information changes, including your cell phone and email for fraud notifications.
Fraud Alert Notifications & FAQs
- Emails are sent at the time potential fraud is detected.
- Text alerts are only sent between 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. CT. Overnight texts will be generated at 7 a.m.
- Phone calls (automated) are only generated between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. CT.