Online banking has become the go-to way for many people to manage their money. The convenience of handling your finances from home with the help of an app or secure web portal is a major advantage to the modern consumer.
However, while online and mobile banking can provide robust functionality, there are still certain tasks that are best completed with the help of an actual professional.
That’s where video tellers or interactive teller machines (ITMs) come in. They bridge the gap between online banking and visiting a branch to deliver convenience, efficiency, personalized customer service and a high-quality banking experience.
What is an ITM? You’re not alone if you’ve never heard of an ITM before. But as these machines are increasingly becoming more common, it’s important to understand how they work and what benefits they can provide.
Let’s take a closer look at ITMs, how they work and how Bank Midwest customers can use them.
What is an ITM?
ITMs are innovative machines that combine the functionality of a regular ATM with the comfort of a human touch when you need it.
Physically, the machine looks similar to an ATM, but with a video screen and other added technological elements. An ITM still offers the functionality of an ATM where users can simply withdraw cash, view account balances and other basic ATM transactions.
However, when you need to talk to a banking professional, that’s where the ITM shines. Simply select the option to talk to a live Bank Midwest employee and, in seconds, one of our employee-owners will appear on-screen to help you with whatever you need.
Video tellers can help you conduct more transactions than basic ATMs, and can answer different questions you might have about your finances or a particular transaction. All this without having to wait in line at the branch.
What are the benefits of using an ITM?
There are three advantages to using a video teller or ITM:
- Convenience: ITMs are able to significantly simplify transactions and get you going on your way faster than you would if you had to wait in a line. When you’re in that grey area between needing more than online banking but less than an in-branch visit, you can depend on video tellers to handle your money matters efficiently and effectively.
- More transaction types: An ITM is a big upgrade over an ATM. By calling on an ITM video teller, we can help you with transactions including making deposits, withdrawals, account transfers, loan payments, check cashing, ordering checks and more. As an added benefit, you can customize the denomination of the bills you take out through a deposit.
- Longer hours: Did work or personal obligations hold you up and force you to miss closing hours? Don’t worry, Bank Midwest ITM service hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT Mondays through Fridays, and 8 a.m. to Noon CT on Saturdays.
Also, if you’ve ever pulled up to an ATM only to find you forgot your debit card, that trip was all for nothing? Without it, you can’t access your account. That isn’t the case with an ITM.
Tellers can help you if you ever forget your Bank Midwest debit card. As an added security measure, tellers will typically ask for a form of identification to deter fraud.
What about privacy?
You might be thinking, “That’s all well and good, but what about the privacy of my banking interaction?” It’s a good question to ask, and Bank Midwest is committed to ensuring the privacy of our customers’ interactions however they may take place.
When it comes to ITMs, we provide you with different options to protect your privacy:
- You can adjust the volume of the machine to a preferred level.
- You can alternatively use a handset to communicate with the teller.
- You can opt to use the chat feature; a keyboard is attached to the machine so you can type out messages privately.
What ITMs are available to Bank Midwest customers?
Bank Midwest’s first ITM location was in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. We have since added drive-up video teller ITMs to several locations. This arrangement allows our customers to bank from the comfort of their car, while still taking advantage of increased functionality and a high-quality banking experience.
And just to reiterate, our ITM service hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – Noon CT
Try out a Bank Midwest ITM today at any of the following Bank Midwest locations:
- New Ulm
- Sioux Falls
- Wall Lake
Once you use an ITM, you may never want to go back to regular banking!
If you have other questions about our locations, products or services, just contact us today.