Official Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE OR ACCOUNT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST, NOR DO YOU NEED TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT AT BANK MIDWEST. UTILIZING ANY OTHER BANK SERVICES OR PRODUCTS WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR ENTRY’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. How to Enter: If you are a new or existing customer with a Bank Midwest debit card for your checking account and use your debit card for purchases that post to your account between December 2nd and December 30th, you will be automatically entered to the contest for a prize. A purchase is a point of sale transaction. ATM transactions do not qualify. You do not need to fill out any additional forms, nor will any additional forms be sent to you. If you do not wish to receive one automatic entry by making a purchase with a Bank Midwest debit card between December 2 and December 30, you must email email@example.com, or mail us at Marketing Contest/Do not Enter, Marketing Dept., Bank Midwest, P.O. Box 248, Spirit Lake, IA 51360 and instruct us not to enter you. If you are not a customer of the bank and desire to enter the Shop, Swipe and Win Debit Card Contest, print your name, address, telephone number on a “4×6” card and mail the card to Shop, Swipe and Win Debit Card Contest, Marketing Dept., Bank Midwest, PO Box 248, Spirit Lake, IA 51360. Limit one entry per household. Your entry must be postmarked and received prior to the Thursday of each week’s drawing. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Illegible entry materials will be disqualified. Entrants are responsible for all third-party imposed costs and fees, including the cost of postage. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Participants agree not to hold Bank Midwest, their partners, their employees and/or their affiliates responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, damaged, postage due or illegible entry materials.
3. Grand Prizes: Bank Midwest will select one randomly-selected Prize Winner from each location each week from all entries received throughout the contest period. Prize drawings will occur each Monday between December 2 – December 30, 2013. Bank Midwest reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the Grand prize become unavailable for any reason. Bank Midwest reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules or who make any misrepresentations relative to the contest and/or the redemption of the Grand Prizes. All decisions are final and binding. Neither Bank Midwest, not its employees, partners, and affiliates, are responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winner. Winners must claim prize within 30 days of drawing.
4. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning are based upon the number of entries. Based upon Bank Midwest’s estimate of 20,000 entries, the odds of winning are: 5 in 20,000.
5. Contest Period: The contest period runs from 12:01 a.m. Central time on December 2, 2013 until 11: 59 p.m. Central time on December 30, 2013.
6. Eligibility: To be eligible for the contest, you must be a lawful permanent resident of the United States, 18 years of age or older and must not be considered a minor in your state of residence at the time of entry. Contest void where prohibited by law. Employees of Bank Midwest, officials and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the contest. Any winning customer entry will be deemed to have been made by the individual named on the Bank Midwest account on file.
7. Winner Selection: The Grand Prize winners will be selected by Bank Midwest. All decisions of Bank Midwest will be final. The Winners need not be present and will be notified by phone and/or mail. The Grand Prizes are non-transferable, non-assignable and non-exchangeable. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of drawing.
8. Liability I General Rules: Bank Midwest is not responsible for any loss that may occur in connection with the contest. The Winners agree to hold Bank Midwest harmless from any liability arising from participation in the Contest or the acceptance, receipt, possession, or misuse of the prize. Bank Midwest and each of its officers, directors, employees, customers and representatives and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of entrants and/or the Winners arising from, or in connection with acceptance, receipt, possession, or use/misuse of prizes awarded or participation in the Contest. Bank Midwest is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Contest. Furthermore, if there is any suspected evidence of tampering, hacking or interference with equipment or programming associated with the Contest beyond the control of Bank Midwest and their partners which corrupts or impairs the administration, security or fairness of the Contest, Bank Midwest reserves the right to disqualify any entrant deemed responsible for such corruption, suspend and/or terminate the Contest and select a Winner from the entries received up to the time of such termination or suspension. If the Contest is terminated prior to the promotional period, notice will be posted at the website of Bank Midwest or any other media used to promote the Contest. For a listing of Contest Winners or a set of these Contest Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Winners List and Rules, Shop Swipe and Win Debit Card Contest, Marketing Dept., Bank Midwest, PO Box 248, Spirit Lake, IA 51360. The Grand Prizes cannot be substituted, converted to cash, assigned or transferred by the Winners.
9. Tax Issues: Bank Midwest will report all prize winnings to the appropriate state and federal agencies as required by applicable law. Winners are responsible for all tax consequences (if any) of the prize(s).
10. Consent to Publicity and Release: By accepting a prize, Winners consent to permit Bank Midwest to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Bank Midwest materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All entrants agree to release and hold harmless Bank Midwest, its partners, employees, agents, representatives and affiliated companies of any and all claims of any kind arising directly or indirectly from this Contest, any Contest Prize or from any publicity about the Contest.
11. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Bank Midwest in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Iowa, USA, without regard to choice of law rule.