CCD and CTX
Both of these standard entry class codes apply to commercial account transactions.
|Corporate Credit or Debit
Corporate Trade Exchange
CCD: An entry initiated by an Organization to or from the account of that Organization or another Organization
CTX: An entry originated by an Organization to ro from the account of that Organization or another Organization and accompanied by one or more Addenda Records
|Type of Entry
Single OR Recurring Entry
Credit OR Debit Entry
May be non-monetary
- The Receiver has an agreement with the Originator under which the Receiver has agreed to be bound by the ACH Rules.
- This agreement is sometimes referred to as a Trading Partner Agreement. Both parties, Originator and Receiver, should retain a copy of this Agreement.
- An ODFI may request a copy of this agreement from the Originator.
- CCD and CTX entries are contractually bound between two entities for transfer of funds to or from an account that is not primarily used for personal, family or household purposes.
- Return timeframes for unauthorized CCD and CTX entries are different than unauthorized consumer entry returns.
- Return timeframe for ALL CCD and CTX entries is 24-hours (2 banking days): Each Return Entry must be made available to the ODFI no later than the opening of business on the second banking day following the Settlement Date of the original entry.
- Exceptions to return timeframe for CCD and CTX entries: RDFI contacts ODFI, requests and receives Explicit Permission BEFORE returning outside the 24 hour return timeframe (see Return Reason Codes below).
Addenda Records are OPTIONAL for CCD entries:
- Maximum number of Addenda records is one
Addenda Records are OPTIONAL for CTX entries:
- Maximum number of Addenda records is up to 9,999
Addenda Records for both CCD and CTX:
- Used by Originator to supply additional information about the entry detail record. Commonly used for invoice information from company to company.
- Must contain payment-related information only — any other use is prohibited.
- ONLY — ANSI ASC X12 data segments or NACHA endorsed banking conventions (i.e. tax payment/child support).
Upon request of the Receiver, an RDFI MUST provide to its Receiver all Payment Related Information contained within the Addenda record(s). Payment-related information MUST be provided within 2 banking days.
|Specific Return Reason Codes
- R08 Payment Stopped
- R29 Corporate Customer Advises Not Authorized
No Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit needed
- R31 Permissible Return Entry (CCD & CTX only)
No time limit — determined by the ODFI and RDFI
RDFI MUST request and receive explicit permission from ODFI BEFORE returning
|Exception Return Reason Codes
RDFI: Receiving Depository Financial Institution
View ACH SEC Code FAQs
ODFI: Originating Depository Financial Institution