What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Protection
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices (Courtesy Overdraft protection*) that are standard with your checking account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a pre-approved line of credit or a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices (Courtesy Overdraft) that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Bank Midwest pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $29 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is a limit of six fees per day we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Bank Midwest to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call or stop by any of our locations or complete this opt-in form online.
Opt-In Form Electronic Delivery Consent
This disclosure documents your consent to receive the Opt-in Form disclosure electronically. We recommend you print and retain a copy of this disclosure related to this notice.
Once you consent, you will be able to receive the Opt-in Form and submit your response online. If you do not consent, you will not be able to submit your consent electronically. However, regardless of whether you consent, you will still be entitled to respond to the Opt-in Form through other methods that we permit, such as in person or by phone using the information provided below.
You understand, prior to consenting, that:
- Your consent applies only to electronic Opt-in Form regarding Courtesy Overdraft for ATM and debit card transactions;
- You can withdraw your consent at any time to receive electronic disclosures, by calling us or writing us at the number or address listed below; and
- We reserve the right to provide any disclosures or notices in writing, rather than electronically.
To submit your Opt-in Form online, you must have the following equipment and software:
A personal computer or other device which is capable of accessing the Internet. Your access to this page verifies that your system/device meets these requirements.
An Internet web browser which is capable of supporting 128-bit SSL encrypted communications, which requires a minimum web browser version of either Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 6.0 (available for downloading at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.asp) or higher, and your system or device must have 128-bit SSL encryption software. Your access to this page verifies that your browser and encryption software/device meet these requirements.
1920 Center Creek Drive
Fairmont, MN 56031
By clicking “I Agree” below, you consent to receive the disclosure electronically, have the minimum hardware and software requirements and agree to the terms and conditions as described above.